Wall Crack and Pipe Penetration Repair in IN
Warrantied repairs for leaking wall cracks and pipe penetrations
Small cracks in foundation walls are common in homes throughout the Indiana area. Usually a side effect of the natural curing process of concrete, these cracks usually do not threaten the foundation.
However, even small cracks in a foundation can be a major problem if they leak groundwater into your basement or crawl space.
If you’d like a free crack repair quote for our warrantied system, contact us by phone or e-mail today! We provide all our crack repair services in Indianapolis, Bloomington and the nearby areas.
Steps to Install Our crack sealant solution
At Indiana Foundation Service, we recommend the Our crack sealant solution to repair your leaking wall cracks. It’s a patented, warrantied repair and a permanent solution. To repair a flooding or leaky wall crack, we follow these five steps:
- Installation of a Drainage System Or Drywell: If you’re waterproofing your basement with BasementGutter™ or other interior drainage system, our crack sealant solution can be integrated with it to direct any potential leaks to your sump pump. Otherwise, a small dry well about 5-10 gallons in size is created at the base of the crack.
- The Polyurethane Sealant: We start by sealing the crack with a high-viscosity polyurethane polymer. This gets deep in the cracks to form a durable, flexible seal.
- Secondary Drainage Strategy: Your polyurethane polymer seal should never fail. If it ever does, 95% of the water should still be stopped from leaking in. To ensure a proper repair, we install a secondary layer of drainage on the basement wall — one that will direct water to your basement drainage system or dry well.
- Finish the Repair: To keep your foundation walls looking great, we overlay your sealed wall crack with a polyurethane sealant. Light gray in color, it gives the repair a professional, finished appearance.
- Restore the Floor: After the wall crack has been repaired, the concrete floor is restored flush, with no gaps or openings. We pride ourselves on leaving our workplace clean and neat. The end result of our crack sealant solution installation is a professional-looking, top-performing basement wall crack repair that includes a written warranty.
Why our crack sealant solution over Injection?
Unlike hydraulic cements and some epoxies, the special polyurethane polymer sealant used for our crack sealant solution will never dry out or recrack due to the natural movement of the foundation wall over long periods of time.
Additionally, hydraulic cements, epoxies, and even urethane injections are not able to bend and stretch along with your foundation movement.
As concrete walls expand and shrink slightly through freeze/thaw and wet/dry cycles, the bonds of these materials will fail, leading to recracking or new cracks forming farther on down the wall. As this occurs, the leaking will begin anew.
Our crack sealant solution stays bonded with wall movement, and seals the crack permanently— warrantied! This enables you to count on the basement as dry, usable space, or as space that is ready to be finished into a new living area.
Restore the condition of your basement walls
If you’ve noticed cracks or leaks in your basement walls, our wall crack sealing services are the solution you need. Call Indiana Foundation Service to get to get a free estimate on all our basement waterproofing services. We proudly serve in Indianapolis, Bloomington, Terre Haute, Muncie, Anderson, Kokomo, Carmel, Lafayette and throughout the nearby areas.