Cracked Concrete Patio
Patios are wonderful outdoor retreats, but proper care and protection are essential to maintain their beauty and safety.
If you have a cracked concrete patio, it poses tripping hazards and may indicate other damage in your home.
At Indiana Foundation Service, we understand the importance of addressing these issues, and offer specialized and practical solutions to solve them. Our goal is to restore the safety and appearance of your home through professional concrete repair services and innovative concrete lifting solutions like our SettleStop™ PolyRenewal™. With our help, you can ensure that your patio remains a secure and enjoyable space for you and your family.
What Is a Cracked Concrete Patio?
A cracked concrete patio is a surface usually found in your backyard that has developed fractures, lines, or breaks over time, affecting its appearance and structural strength.
These cracks can range from minor surface imperfections to deep, extensive damage, causing safety hazards. Cracked and uneven patios can serve as entry points for insects, weeds, and debris, and may lead to water accumulation, further accelerating deterioration. In addition to a cracked patio, you may also notice similar concrete issues throughout your property, including:
- Cracked concrete
- Sinking concrete slabs
- Concrete pitting, flaking, and staining
- Cracked concrete pool deck
- Sinking concrete porch
- Sinking concrete steps
- Cracked sidewalks
- Cracked driveway
The longer these issues go unrepaired, the more severe the damage can become. When you notice these problems, contact a local professional for repair assistance. Indiana Foundation Service offers a comprehensive approach to diagnosing the extent and cause of the damage, ensuring an effective and long-lasting repair.
What Causes a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Cracked concrete patios can result from various causes, including:
- Settling Soil and Erosion: When the soil supporting a concrete patio shifts or washes away, it can lead to sinking and instability in the concrete. This can cause cracks due to the uneven settlement of the concrete. Dry soil is also unable to adequately support concrete.
- Weather Conditions: Excessive rainfall or flooding can worsen soil erosion, particularly in areas with clay-based soil that expands and contracts. Freeze-thaw cycles can also contribute to cracking as the water within the concrete freezes, expands, and creates cracks.
- Tree Roots: As tree roots grow beneath or alongside a patio, they can exert pressure on the concrete, resulting in cracking and upward movement.
- Installation Problems: Errors during the concrete pouring process or issues during curing can lead to inherent weaknesses, instability, and cracking.
The same soil movement issues that affect patios can also impact a home’s foundation. It is crucial to address these problems promptly. Recognizing these underlying issues is essential for implementing the appropriate, long-term repair solution.
Can You Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Yes, it is possible to fix a cracked concrete patio. It’s crucial to address the issue as soon as you notice it, as significant damage may limit the available repair options.
Repairing cracks with concrete filler, mudjacking, or other temporary fixes is not enough. These solutions provide a temporary fix and don’t address the root cause of the problem.
For reliable concrete repair, professional equipment and techniques are necessary. A comprehensive solution that addresses the underlying causes is essential for long-lasting results.
At Indiana Foundation Service, we offer holistic solutions, including our innovative PolyRenewal™ concrete lifting system. This repair method fixes the visible concrete damage and addresses the contributing factors, preventing future recurrences.
How to Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio
Indiana Foundation Service uses advanced methods to lift and stabilize cracked concrete patios. Our process includes:
- Conducting a free and thorough inspection to assess the damage
- Drilling small holes into the affected sections of the patio
- Placing injection ports in the holes
- Mixing a two-part, closed-cell polyurethane foam
- Injecting the foam underneath the patio
- Allowing the foam to expand and lift the concrete
- Curing the foam within 15 minutes
- Filling and smoothing the drilled holes
- Sealing the cracks to prevent further damage
- Monitoring and maintaining the concrete patio for ongoing protection
We understand that every home is unique. Our proprietary line of solutions, including PolyRenewal™, is tailored to address your specific issues and provides better results compared to conventional methods and products.
Why Address a Cracked Concrete Patio Now
It’s important to repair a cracked, sunken concrete patio right away for these reasons:
- Safety Hazards: Uneven slabs and cracks create tripping risks, which worsen as the patio continues to drop and split.
- Additional Damage: Without fixing the soil issues, erosion and ground movement will further fracture and sink the patio over time.
- Water Risks: Cracks allow water under the patio, accelerating erosion and potentially causing damage to the foundation.
- Pest Access: Cracks provide an entry point for insects, weeds, and rodents, which can also enter your home.
- Aesthetic Issues: A cracked, uneven, and damaged patio negatively affects the appearance of your property.
- Diminished Property Value: Damage and an unkempt appearance decrease your home’s value and discourage potential buyers.
Promptly addressing cracked patios with professional services like ours ensures lasting solutions compared to temporary fixes. Only Indiana Foundation Service and our proprietary solutions can effectively manage your cracked concrete patio issues, as our products are developed with superior technology to deliver optimal results, surpassing generic products from big-box stores.
Contact Indiana Foundation Service for Reliable Concrete Lifting Solutions
Your home is a place where you should feel safe and comfortable, and that includes having a beautiful and durable patio to enjoy for many years. At Indiana Foundation Service, we specialize in restoring concrete patios to their original integrity. Our concrete lifting solutions are designed to provide long-lasting and reliable results.
For 30 years, homeowners have trusted us for our innovative repairs, attention to detail, and exceptional customer service. We would love to offer you a free and no-obligation inspection, so contact us today. Let our experts provide the best solutions to restore the functionality and aesthetics of your patio.
Yes, if small cracks in your concrete patio are ignored, they can worsen and cause significant structural issues. While not directly linked, damage to your concrete patio may indicate the need for foundation repair. It is important to have your patio inspected and repaired promptly. Feel free to reach out to Indiana Foundation Service for a complimentary inspection if you notice cracks in your concrete patio or anywhere else in your home.
The process of injecting polyurethane foam typically takes a few hours. Once the foam is injected beneath the concrete, it cures within 15 minutes, allowing you to use your patio on the same day. However, the total duration of the project may vary depending on the size and extent of the concrete damage. Indiana Foundation Service offers free inspections and estimates, so we encourage you to contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our experts.
When professionally repaired, your concrete patio can last many years, ensuring durability and stability. Indiana Foundation Service provides lightweight yet durable PolyRenewal™ polyurethane injections, which are longer-lasting and more reliable than mudjacking or complete replacement. Contact us to book your free inspection and learn more about our trusted concrete lifting services.
Last Modified Date: